- Make sure you have Eclipse IDE installed. If you need to install Eclipse, you can read this page
- Start Eclipse then go to: Help -> Install New SoftwareCopy this link http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases for the latest Stable Release into Eclipse and hit Enter. Select All and accept licence by clicking next and finish.
- Download Mahout source from http://mahout.apache.org/general/downloads.html and extract it to your eclipse workspace.
- cd <path to your mahout directory>; mvn install
- Open eclipse then go to : File->Import and Select Maven->Existing maven project as shown below and click Next
- Set the path of Mahout source in the Root Directory box. Something like this path /Users/XXXX/workspace/mahout-distribution-0.9/
- Select All and finish.
- Now you can see all the Mahout packages in your package explorer.
We were able to configure Mahout Source Code for directly accessing and debugging our program from eclipse and help us to run mahout programs from eclipse itself.